All the things that make me look twice; an experiential journal (because i forget things quickly)

5.16.2009

Japanese Taiko

In the first week of May I went to a Japanese Taiko show at Drom in alphabet city. I just finished a shoot for Edison the weekend before. He did a live demo at the Museum of Arts and Design of his piece entitled, "Gringo Graffiti." I'll be cutting what I captured together this week and will be posting it to TDT soon. Edison bought me a ticket to the Japanese Taiko show, handed me a cold beer after I sat down and introduced me to his closest friends. The night met and exceeded my expectations. The high point was definitely the drumming portion of the performance. This is two flyers on Drom's website. One is for the performance I just described and the other is for a performance I'll be attending on the 22nd of this month. Based off of the first show, I think Friday's will be just as exciting. Tickets are 10 bucks. Not bad right?...




No comments:

Post a Comment