All the things that make me look twice; an experiential journal (because i forget things quickly)

5.20.2009

The Girlfriend Experience

I have not yet seen Soderbergh's new film The Girlfriend Experience (under a limited theatrical release May 22nd). The film was shot entirely on the RED ONE camera - a testimony to Soderbergh's spoken affinity for the RED and his apparent abandonment of celluloid. He has been quoted saying, "For me, this is Year Zero; I feel I should call up Film on the phone and say, 'I've met someone.'" Based on the trailer alone, you'd expect it was shot on film. With its low exposures and harsh lighting, the photography demands pristine image reproduction. Let's hope that on May 22nd we take another step toward strengthening the reputation of the RED ONE. For now, check out the trailer here or at Apple Trailers...

No comments:

Post a Comment